Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Deserted Road

A deserted road, a lone street lamp,
Thick mist and the breeze so damp
I search the pitch black sky, not a star in sight
My shadow left me with the absent moonlight
A trampled rose in a poodle of sewage
A burning pyre of love fueled by rage
A blown out candle, an unanswered prayer
Heart full of love buried layer beneath layer
She walks away and doesn’t turn around
In this world of chaos I hear no sound
But for the teardrop on the concrete
But for the deafening silent street
I look to the heavens but the tears don’t stop
On my wet cheeks I then feel a rain drop
Is He wiping away my tears or weeping with me
I get soaked while she took shelter under a tree
I see her face brightly lit as she turns
Her cold eyes giving me so many burns
Her eyes grow wide and she parts her lips to speak
A massive force hits me, her bright face turns bleak
I fly through the air and fall at her feet
The hit & run car makes a fast retreat
I must be alive since I smell the wet sand
On my face I feel the warmth of her hand
She was kneeling beside me and saying something
She stopped when she saw I was no longer listening
I repeated the words hearing which she had walked away
‘I Love You’ were the only words I remained alive to say.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

u write well..i wish u also write some happy poems too! :)

8:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home